While onboard any Amtrak train please note the following for a safer and more enjoyable trip:
- Use seat backs and handrails while walking through the train.
- Watch your step when boarding and leaving the train.
- Watch your step moving from car to car while the train is in motion, as the vestibules can be slippery.
- Be sure to step over the gap between the train and platform.
- Leave personal food items and baggage at your seat.
- Wear shoes at all times and use caution when wearing shoes without rubber soles.
- Never attempt to board or exit a moving train.
- Make sure you familiarize yourself with the safety card found in most seat backs.
Safety at the Station
While in any Amtrak station please note the following for a safer more enjoyable trip:
- Arrive at least 30 minutes before your train is due to depart. Some stations require more time.
- Check-in early to arrange for pre-boarding if you need extra time or assistance.
- Watch your step on station stairs, escalators and train platforms.
- Stand back from the edge of the platform.
- Be careful when crossing the gap between the train and platform.
- Help children when boarding and leaving the train.
- Only use authorized Amtrak Red Cap service for assistance.
- Report any suspicious behavior to police, station personnel, Amtrak Police or by calling 1-800-331-0008.
Whether onboard the train or at the station, if you see something, say something.