Passenger Discount for International Student Identity Card (ISIC) Holders
International Student Identification Card Holders Save 15%
Passengers holding a valid International Student Identity Card (ISIC) are eligible to receive a 15% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains.
To receive these discounts, the cardholder must present both an International Student ID card and a valid photo ID.
How to Get an International Student Identity Card
Visit the International Student Identity Card web site to purchase a card and to learn more about the program. More than 5 million students around the world will purchase an ISIC card this year.
To qualify for your International Student ID card, you must be age 12 or older and currently enrolled as a degree seeking student at an accredited institution. Continuing education, language school, and non-degree seeking students are not eligible.
How to Enter Your International Student Identity Card Number
To take advantage of this discount:
- On 'Passenger Discounts' step of the reservation booking process, select 'ISIC' as your passenger discount type. Then, on the 'Passenger Info' step of the booking process, enter your ISIC membership number.
- Or, in your user profile, select 'ISIC' as your passenger discount type, and enter your ISIC number. ISIC will be pre-selected as your preferred passenger discount type, and your ISIC discount number will appear, already filled-in, in the appropriate text field.
When entering your International Student ID card number, please omit any spaces and dashes.
- The ISIC discount is not valid on weekday Acela Express trains.
- For Auto Train service, cardholders receive the discount off rail fare only, not the vehicle charge.
- The ISIC discount does not apply to Business class, First class or sleeping accommodation. These upgrades are permitted upon payment of the full accommodation charges.
- The ISIC discount is not valid for travel on certain Amtrak Thruway connecting services.
- The ISIC discount may not be combinable with other discount offers; refer to the terms and conditions for each offer.
- Cardholder benefits are not transferable; the discount is available only to the card-holding student. The cardholder may not obtain discounts for others.
- The ISIC discount is not valid in conjunction with any multi-ride fares, other discounts or promotions, except as specifically stipulated.
- Tickets purchased with the ISIC discount are subject to all rules and restrictions of the type of fare purchased.
- Additional restrictions may apply.
If you make any change to your itinerary, you must re-qualify for any membership discount used. This means that, to be eligible to receive an applicable membership discount, any change to your itinerary must be made at least three days in advance of travel.
Three-Day Advance Purchase
To use the ISIC discount, you must book your tickets (including tickets for travel on unreserved trains) at least three days in advance of travel.