The 2014 Autumn Express is Here
Saturday and Sunday, November 8 and 9, 2014
Tickets go on sale Thursday, October 9 at 10:00 am ET, and are sure to go fast.
Reserve your seats quickly.
Due to popular demand, the Autumn Express is back. Come along for a historic train ride, departing from and returning to Philadelphia 30th Street Station on Saturday and Sunday, November 8 and 9, 2014. Travel through small towns, historic tunnels, see key landmarks and experience rare mileage along a route that hasn't seen regular passenger service in decades.
$129 per Adult. Many Benefits.
See fall scenery on a rare trip beginning with the Philadelphia Highline above and across the Penn Coach Yards and mainline. Travel along the Schuykill River and through the countryside that only freight trains travel now. You'll pass through the Flat Rock Tunnel, constructed in 1836 - 1840 (one of the oldest in the country) and the Black Rock Tunnel, constructed in 1838, the third oldest tunnel still in use in this country. After a brief stop in Harrisburg, PA, the Autumn Express will take you back to Philadelphia via Hershey and Reading, PA, while travelling through scenic Montgomery, Chester, Berks, Lebanon and Dauphin Counties.
- The train departs Philadelphia at 9:45 am and returns at 6:00 pm.
- Tickets are $129 for adults and include a boxed lunch (turkey sandwich, chips, water and cookie) and souvenir tote bag.
- Children 2 - 12 ride for half price and receive a boxed lunch and tote bag.
- Wi-Fi will be available.
- Seating is limited for this unique opportunity.
How to Book this Trip
From the 'Buy Tickets' tab:
- Select One-Way.
- Enter Philadelphia, PA (PHL) in the From box.
- Enter Autumn Express Train, PA (AXP) in the To box.
- Select November 8 or 9, 2014 as the Depart date.
- Select the number of Adult or Child passengers. Maximum of 8.
Passengers with disabilities should call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245) to book this trip.
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Valid for sale October 9 - November 7, 2014.
- Valid for travel on November 8 and 9, 2014 only.
- Valid between Philadelphia, PA (PHL) - Amtrak Autumn Express, PA (AXP).
- Flat price of $129 for adults and includes a boxed lunch and souvenir tote bag.
- Up to two (2) children ages 2 - 12 may accompany each adult at half the adult fare.
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is at least 18 years or older.
- Special excursion trains are eligible to earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points, but not available for redemption travel.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer or passenger type.