Amtrak Career Opportunities
If you are using a screen reader to access this site for employment with Amtrak, please call (888) 474-2685 for assistance.
Amtrak employs thousands of diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields. The success of our railroad is the result of high quality applicants. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer, and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Amtrak does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status. Amtrak administers its hiring, discipline, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and all other company activities in compliance with this policy.
- Mac users should submit the resumes in Word format.
- You may not be able to access the site when using Google Chrome.
- Disable pop-up blockers.
Helpful Tips for Using the Careers Website
- You can restrict the search results by specifying search criteria. You can search on a position number or keyword, or simply click on 'Search' to view all jobs.
- An activation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address that you supplied when creating your profile. You must click on the link provided in this e-mail to activate your registration. Check your inbox and spam folders for e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there is information you want us to consider, be sure it is in your application. A resume is not a substitute for a thorough and complete application. List the position number and title for which you are applying on your attached resume.
- To ensure your application is considered for the job to which you are applying, once the application is complete, click 'Save' and then 'Submit Application'.
- Before starting, gather all information such as employment history, education history, contact information, dates, contact names and telephone numbers, etc.
- The registration process will take approximately 30 minutes.
- To prevent the application process from timing out, please save each screen upon completion.
- Once an application has been submitted for a specific job, it is not possible to edit, update or make changes to the application.
- Monitor the Careers website daily and apply early. Once a job posting closes, no further applications will be accepted.
- Be sure your contact information is accurate. If your contact information changes, update your candidate profile accordingly.
- Complete all steps that have the red asterisk (*) in sections 1 through 8 on the START PAGE. These sections are under the CANDIDATE PROFILE tab and under the sub-section titled MY PROFILE. This must be done before searching for jobs and will save you a lot time when actually applying for jobs.
- All communication regarding your application will be initiated by regular mail, e-mail and phone. Do not call to discuss the status of your application.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please send a detailed e-mail to AmtrakCareers@amtrak.com for assistance. Resumes cannot be accepted through e-mail and questions related to the status of your application will not be answered.